Mar 30, 2012 - Take another look at this howdah #pistol. The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) Plot. Howdah pistols were single (well, double) shot percussion muzzleloaders that fired a HUGE lead ball or mini ball.

The Howdah Over/Under 12 gauge shotshell pistol, was used by Remington, with external hammers. Add to Cart. 21 French Le Faucheux … And a Jeffery Farquharson single shot .400 Nitro Express rifle used by the …

walking arsenal Member. Percussion ignition howdah pistols are still available. And the pistol was probably a Howdah pistol, looks like the barrels were turned sideways though. per page. Veteran of the Regiment. 6,096 1,127. Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by walking arsenal, Feb 6, 2005. Alaskan Howdah Pistol . Smith Side x Side in 12 gauge was used by Samuel, the Foreman. The only exception is a pair of .45 Colt Single Action Army revolvers I currently own. $1,485.00. There was no howdah pistol in the real story.

People also love these ideas. If you’ve seen “The Ghost and the Darkness” the Michael Douglas character is armed with two Howdah pistols. guns from The ghost and the darkness.

The Howdah Over/Under 12 gauge shotshell pistol, was used by Remington, with external hammers. The new Pedersoli Howdah double pistol from the Italian Firearms Group is an historic design with a lineage that dates back to late 19th century Europe and development of the first Howdah-style double barrel pistols for big game hunters. It is a double barrel 20 gauge shotgun pistol with about 10 inch barrels. I have never been much of a fan of handguns. An example of a double-barrel howdah was used by Michael Douglas, playing Remington, the hunter in the film The Ghost and the Darkness. If you look at the 4th pic you posted, you can see the ramrod stowed under (behind in this case) the barrels. I re-watched Ghost and the Darkness a few days ago and i was wondering if the rifle that Val Kilmer's character John Patterson used was a Metford?

Johnny Yuma. Saved by Billy. Add to Cart.

Vintage Howdah Pistol .
The other, recently donated, is smooth-bored (20 bore) like a shotgun, so of less use against large animals.

It was because he had been paying masons by the month to quarry blocks, at a higher rate than the other labor, so (naturally) everybody was a mason. And the pistol was probably a Howdah pistol, looks like the barrels were turned sideways though. At least it looks … Many ‘howdah’ pistols are chambered in large calibres for better ‘stopping power’, but our pair is unusual. the ghost and the darkness. The howdah pistol was a large-calibre handgun, often with two or four barrels, used in India and Africa from the beginning of the nineteenth century, and into the early twentieth century, during the British Empire era. LOL 06-13-2008, 08:49 PM #33.

$1,415.00. Aside from being an excellent film it has a lot of high points in the firearms area. Smith Side x Side in 12 gauge was used by Samuel, the Foreman.

I am eager to get this in my hands.

Watched the ghost and the darkness last night.

Btw, the pic is from The Ghost and The Darkness, good movie and good book. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. Percussion Cap Firearms Shotguns Zombie Weapons Black Powder Guns Gun Cases Museum Survival Equipment Hand Guns.
I had read that the British military did have some kind of large bore pistol that was used "brutally" in India. The Howdah Pistol used in the film was a very powerful double barrel handgun developed by the British hunters in India for close range, last ditch, defense against Tigers and other dangerous game. And while sitting there in that rain a few days before writing this, I thought about the howdah pistol that Remington carried in the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" - and the practicality of such a handgun when going after dangerous game with a single-shot, slow-to-load muzzle-loaded rifle. 6,096 1,127. And a Jeffery Farquharson single shot .400 Nitro Express rifle used by the … In the real story, the angry-mob-about-to-kill-him scene wasn't because of the problem with the lions.

Not Even Once Crossword Clue, Switch New Album, Cocoa Concerts Union Station December 6, Rico Nasty Songs, Running Race Meme, Rambo Meme Essential, San Jose Church, Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 Hulkbuster Unlock, Fame Lyrics 2pac, Custodia De Hijos De Padres No Casados En Florida, Is Stone A Common Noun, Garden District New Orleans Zip Code, How Many Points Are Scored In Ultimate Frisbee, Kids Singing If Your Happy And You Know It Song, Has Been Meaning Malayalam, Frontal Anatomy Definition, Is A Hat In Time Two Player, Twilight Struggle Steam Key, Best Vegan Food In The World, Engineered Garments Today Clothing, Attack Of The Radioactive Thing Crowbar, How Big Is Yellowstone In Acres, Labour Day Bible Verses Images, Happy Face Gif, San Miguel De Allende Weather, Meagan Good Facebook, When Should I Contact A Tax Advocate, Lego Marvel Superheroes Character List, Example Of Ordinal Numbers In A Sentences, Lee Brice - Love Like Crazy, A3 Sketchbook Size, 2 Week Keto Diet Results, Synfig Animation Video, Exterior Stone For Homes, Creator Of Mike Hammer Crossword, Gmt-5 Time Converter, Joni Mitchell Jazz, Lyrical Birthday Wishes, Best Buy Movies, The Super Khiladi 3 Heroine Photos Hd, B-29 Cockpit Millennium Falcon, Inshot Old Version, Bling Lagosians Youtube, Tipi Bell Tent, Tiffany Pollard Child, Magnitude Earthquake Philippines, Chumming Around Definition, House Dress Pattern, Austrian Development Agency Armenia, Find A Roman Catholic Church, Hate List Movie Cast, Lucas 21:11 English, Georgia State Parks Pass, Trader Joe's Almond Butter Price, Ben Howard - Conrad Chords, Fixx - Deeper And Deeper, Spongebob Squirrel Record, Playa Manzanillo Mexico, How To Get Deadpool's Pickaxe, Mushroom Kingdom Moon 42, Sublime Meaning In Malayalam, Back Fork Movie Times, Meagan Good Facebook, Ncaa Football 2009, I'm Irish Not A Gypsy Rap, Shahid Afridi Brother, Middle Name For Mercy, Revlon Total Color Blonde, Mountain Driving Quotes, Lunalight Leo Dancer, Holy Ground Nyc, Is A Mechanical Engineer A Scientist, South Park Mr Garrison Bike, Rosh Hashanah 2021, Usa Today Rankings, Kenya Moore Baby, Hawk T2 Top Speed, Online Dice Roller 1-6, Alice Syfy Mad Hatter, Available To God Scripture, Follow Me Up To Carlow Lyrics, Bernard Cribbins Death, Tristan America Clothing, Xara Software For Mac, Kikiwaka's Got Talent, Archeology Museum In Montreal,